All about student jobs!

You are a student in Canada, and you are looking for a student job! 
This article is for you:

A lot of students work on the side of their studies to finance the cost of living and to create a network of business contacts.

Depending on your eligibility, you may be able to work without a work permit.

To be eligible you must :

  • Hold a valid study permit
  • Be a full-time student
  • Be enrolled in a designated educational institution établissement d’enseignement désigné OR be enrolled in a general or vocational training program lasting six months or more, leading to a diploma or certificate.

Working Off Campus

If you have found work outside your school campus, your work permit allows you to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during school and full-time during holidays and breaks.

You must apply for a Service Canada Social Insurance Number (SIN) in order to work.

Working On Campus

If you hold a study permit, you may also work without a work permit on the campus of the institution in which you are studying.

Work as a trainee or participant in a cooperative program

This program is intended for international students for whom the intended employment represents a significant part of the curriculum in Canada, upon certification by their Canadian educational institution. The workload of this program can acount for as much as 50% of the curriculum.

The following websites may aid you in finding your future student job:

Share this:
Leave a comment